Our number one priority is to make your experience with us as easy, happy and care-free as possible – but cancellations are hard. We try to be as flexible as we possibly can but please understand that space on our boat is limited to just 6 divers and we often have to turn clients down in order to honor your pre-booked reservation. By making a reservation and not showing up for your scheduled boat departure or certification class, we have likely otherwise lost other business and perhaps have disappointed a new or repeat customer. Your reservation’s date, time and location will be confirmed with you via email. It is your responsibility to arrive on time.
We strongly recommend trip insurance as many policies will cover losses to your deposits and other expenses as a result of unforeseen travel difficulties or illnesses.
If you have any questions or concerns about our cancellation policy, please contact us by email or phone and let’s discuss it!
Thank you for your understanding.
ScubaLuis Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations prior to arrival:
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to arrival will be fully refunded (less any fees retained by PayPal).
- Cancellations received 14-29 days prior to arrival will receive a 50% refund of the original deposit.
- Deposits are not refundable for cancellations made within two weeks of the scheduled dives.
Cancellations once on the island:
- Charges will only be removed from the final invoice, if the space can be filled.
- No refunds will be issued should you decide to cancel at the last minute or no-show, no exceptions. ScubaLuis is not responsible for any dives cancelled by the customer (i.e.: illness, seasickness, inability to equalize, ear problems, fear, hangovers, etc.)
- Any dives that are cancelled due to weather conditions and/or port closure we will be rescheduled, removed from the invoice, credited towards another visit or refunded.
- The official Atlantic Hurricane season is June 1 through November 30. It is HIGHLY recommended that you purchase travel insurance if traveling to Cozumel (or other Caribbean destinations) during this time frame.
- If a portion of your trip is interrupted (harbor closed, evacuation orders, predicted landfall of storm on Cozumel) a refund will be issued for dives missed.
- If your entire vacation is cancelled (flights cancelled, state of emergency declared, tourism on hold, harbor closed) in advance due to a storm’s predicted path and landfall on Cozumel as forecast by NOAA, you will receive full refund.
Exceptions to these cancellation policies will be made by the dive operator on a case by case basis, if needed.
ScubaLuis reserves the express right to refuse service to anyone at any time if divers are deemed to be unsafe, unfit to dive, irresponsible, do not to follow the dive plans, disobey marine park regulations, or are otherwise disrespectful to the crew.