Nitrox Certification in Cozumel – PADI Enriched Air Scuba Diver
Getting certified to scuba dive using oxygen enriched air, “nitrox”, has several benefits over breathing regular air, namely longer bottom times and shorter surface interval times between dives! If you are scuba diving between 60 and 100 feet in Cozumel, then learning to use nitrox is perfect for you.
PADI Enriched Air Diver Certification $270
Using the image above you can see that during a dive using EANx 36 (36% oxygen, 63% nitrogen and 1% other gases) with a maximum depth of 80 feet, you get an extra 25 minutes of bottom time without worrying about going into deco!
If you like to dive DEEP (deeper than regular recreational limits)… then this might not be the right breathing gas for you; nitrox is a tool. Using the example above, the maximum operating depth (MOD) you can safely use EANx 36 is 95 feet (EANx 32 is safe to 111 feet). Use the correct blend of nitrox that makes sense for your dive profile.
The generally accepted benefits of diving with nitrox is:
- Longer bottom times.
- Shorter surface interval and built-in safety margins.
- Divers often feel better after diving with higher percentages of oxygen in their breathing gas.
- Feel warmer during the dive.
- Fewer headaches and tiredness.
- Most modern dive computers work with enriched air gasses.
- No additional training dives or techniques required. Just breathe!
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course takes about 4 hours in Cozumel and does not require additional training dives. During that time, your ScubaLuis instructor will talk with you about:
- The physical property of compressed gasses underwater.
- The benefits and drawbacks of using enriched air while scuba diving.
- Safety considerations and precautions of oxygen and your scuba gear.
- Physiological effects of oxygen on the body and “CNS toxicity.”
- Analyzing the amount of oxygen in a scuba cylinder (with practical exercises).
- Calculating the Maximum Operating Depth (MOD) and Contingency Operating Depth (COD) of enriched air.
Overall, PADI Enriched Air Diver Course a very easy class to take and the benefits are HUGE.
“This is probably the single best course I can recommend for someone after completing their Open Water Diver certification. The benefit for any diver is very simple – KNOWLEDGE! Even if you never dive with enriched air again, the knowledge gleaned from the course gives you an enhanced understanding of how gases affect our body (namely nitrogen and oxygen). That knowledge is the foundation of dive planning and ultimately your safety while scuba diving… and can you ever know too much about that? The PADI Enriched Air Diver course offers great flexibility and is easy to combine with Open Water Diver, or Advanced Open Water Diver certification courses.”
After learning about the PADI Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) certification course and the benefits of diving on nitrox and you may never go back. This is, by far, our most popular specialty certification course at ScubaLuis – and for good reason! It won’t get in the way of your scuba diving in Cozumel, at all, but can offer you much more enjoyment with your current diving.
Ready to get started? Contact us today!